The Artificial Intelligence Operations and Data Science Services (AIOS) team advances DFCI and I&A missions by:
- Bridge the gap between Research and the Clinic by designing, implementing, and deploying artificial intelligence (AI) and data science solutions for the Institute
- Assist DFCI faculty by providing customized AI and data science support in laboratories, centers, and departments
Support model: Our approach is to deploy personnel that best suit your needs and evolve as your needs evolve, across our multidisciplinary team members, as well as engaging collaboratively with other groups. We usually engage in a longer-term commitment (e.g., 12 months or more) of at least 50% of an FTE to develop a long-term relationship across projects and needs.
- Artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning (ML), automated ML, multi-modal ML, self-supervised learning, federated learning
- Natural language processing & natural language understanding (e.g., text as main input data modality)
- Image data from pathology, radiology, and radiation oncology (e.g., pathology slide images such as H&Es, whole-slide images, tissue-micro arrays, and radiology/radiation oncology imaging studies such as MRI, CT and other imaging modalities)
- Machine learning operations (MLOps) and ML production deployment (i.e., large scale, reproducible, and hybrid/multi-cloud deployments)
- Cloud innovation & AI strategy
- AI & machine learning enablement: building the data pipelines, software libraries, and data pre-processing tools, that aim at lowering the barrier of entrance for researchers who want to transition from "X" to "AI-powered X" in the context of cancer research
- Client management (in partnership with other I&A client service areas)
Key contact information
Related services at DFCI:
The Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center includes the Biostatistics Core whose members (see list on that page) can assist with data-driven research. The Biostatistics Core is run by the Department of Data Sciences at DFCI, which also houses other computational scientists that are open to collaborations (see list on dept page). The Survey and Data Management Core provides survey data collection and management services.